Friday, September 25, 2009

Seattle Signing Update


A huge thank you to Jason at the Borders in Redmond, WA and to Danielle at the University of Washington Bookstore in the U-District. You were both an enormous pleasure to work with, and I'm so glad to have met you. Also, thank you very much to the lovely women I talked to - both in Redmond and in Seattle, and who attended my events.

It was a very surreal experience signing books at a real bookstore, and seeing my name on promotional materials. I don't know if I'll ever get used to that. I've been dreaming (like every author on the planet) of seeing my name on a book in bookstores, and now that it's finally here I keep waiting for someone to shake me awake. It's so unbelievably rad seeing your dream come true.

Of course, now the dream has been updated to wanting complete and utter market saturation... :-)

The picture is of me next to the stand at the front entrance of the Borders in Redmond. I also snagged the huge banner with my name on it for my living room wall. You only get to have your first book signings once.

Yours in dream-achievement,
S