Thursday, September 17, 2009

Screw Cupid on Seattle's KING 5 "Morning News"

I'd like to give a huge thank you to the crew at KING 5's "Morning News" for making my first live TV appearance as painless as humanly possible. It was a pleasure and an honor to be interviewed, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I am especially happy I didn't throw up from nerves, contrary to what the epileptic butterflies in my stomach were suggesting the morning of.

The lovely Joyce Taylor from the "Morning News" team interviewed me, and did a great job, as you can see on the clip of my interview here.

The two coolest things about being a news station's studio? 1) The cameras are on robots that move around the studio on their own. Who knew! and 2) Major respect to those who report the weather on live TV in front of a green screen. If I was gesturing in front of a blank screen about the weather in West Seattle, I'd probably be pointing at Alaska... He did it flawlessly. Well done!

Now - off to my first book signing in the Redmond, WA Borders at 7pm!

Yours in non-nausea,
S